FIRM UPDATE: Our offices are open and we are accepting new clients. To protect our community and our legal team in response to the threat of COVID-19, we are offering video and telephone consultations. Please call or email our office to discuss your options.
Menu Contact

Study finds that one in three women have been sexually assaulted

Sexual harassment is far more insidious than you may initially think. Harassment is difficult because it is hard to define, which makes it easy for some people to overstep boundaries. Much of it depends upon the nature of the relationship between among employees. What may be inappropriate to one person is not to another, which is why standard policies are difficult to enforce. But this does not mean that sexual harassment does not occur or isn't a big problem. This post will go over a recent study that explored the nature of the problem.

A study conducted by Cosmopolitan found that one in three full and part-time female employees experienced sexual assault. The study surveyed 2,235 female participants. Most people associate sexual harassment with a "Mad Men" style that is overly aggressive. But sexual harassment is far more prolific. It can be an inappropriate comment, email or even Facebook message. In fact, as discussed above, a lot of it has to do with the relationship between the two individuals. Some women may have been sexually harassed by another definition but not by their own.

The survey also asked the participants if they reported the incident. Unfortunately, only 29 percent stated that they reported the incident while the remaining 71 percent did not. In short, this is an ongoing problem for both full and part-time employees.

If you were the victim of sexual harassment in the workplace then you may want to speak to an attorney. You have the right to a safe workplace, free from discrimination and harassment. In a perfect world, no one would need these laws however sometimes it means that only you can make sure your rights are respected. Speak to an attorney and go over the situation to figure out what your legal options may be.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
  • Super Lawyers
  • Avvo
  • The National Trial Lawyers
  • AV Preeminent | Martindale-Hubbell LawyerRating

Tell Us About Your Case. Get A Free Consultation Speak With A Compassionate, Devoted Attorney Today. Please Call 816-399-5149.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information
disclaimer.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

close

Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

Holman Schiavone, LLC
4600 Madison Avenue
Suite 810
Kansas City, MO 64112

Toll Free: 888-493-5074
Phone: 816-399-5149
Fax: 816-283-8739
Map & Directions

Review Us
Google Map