Though I grew up in the small town of Tonopah, Nevada, Kansas City has been my home for the past 30 years. I received my undergraduate degree and law degree from the University of Missouri, Kansas City. Following law school, I was a judicial law clerk for the Missouri Court of Appeals. This proved to be a valuable experience because, while I already had a broad understanding of the law, my time with the court gave me a greater understanding of the importance of legal procedure in the development of a case.
Everyone deserves quality legal representation. Unfortunately, because of an uncertainty of the process, or a negative attitude toward lawyers, many individuals with valid legal claims involving wrongful death or vehicle, workplace or property accidents never receive or even seek the representation they need and deserve. My goal, therefore, is to provide the best legal recourse under the law to those individuals seeking counsel.
If an individual has been injured because of another’s intentional or negligent actions, and that injury deprives them of their life, well-being or livelihood, I want to ensure that they and their family receive fair compensation. I do this because of a strong belief in the principles of equity and fairness, and a deep sense of satisfaction knowing my work has meant something to my clients.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Missouri, 2000
- Kansas, 2007
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 2001
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2009
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- J.D. – 1999
- University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri
- B.A. – 1996
- Honors: With Distinction
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Bar Association, Member, 2001 to 2007
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Member, 2001 to 2007
- Association for Women Lawyers, Member, 2001 to 2007
Past Employment Positions
- Sanders & Simpson, Associate; Of Counsel, 2001 to 2007
- Missouri Court of Appeals: Hon. Ronald R. Holliger, Judicial Law Clerk, 2000 to 2001