Every year in Missouri and Kansas, hundreds of drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists are hurt in hit-and-run accidents. Since the drivers who fled the scene are not always found, people who are injured in these accidents do not always have another person’s insurance company to turn to for compensation. In these cases, it is necessary to recover money damages through an uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) auto policy.

At Holman Schiavone, LLC, in Kansas City, our experienced attorneys provide representation for people who have been injured in hit-and-run accidents in Missouri and Kansas. It is critical to report an accident to the police and to your insurance company immediately.

After reporting the accident, it is in your best interests to speak with one of our lawyers as soon as possible to make sure your rights are protected and your compensation for losses and damages can be maximized.

How Can You Recover Losses and Damages After a Hit-and-Run Accident?

Hit-and-run accidents require the skillful gathering of evidence, including interviews with witnesses, in order to pursue the maximum compensation available. Our firm will work vigorously to get you the benefits you need for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other financial losses that have come as the result of your accident.

The burden of proof lies with you. This is why it is vital to get representation from an experienced auto accident attorney. Establishing the full value of your injuries (near- and long-term damages and losses) and proving that the accident was not your fault takes strong evidence and legal arguments. We must convince your insurance company to fully and fairly cover your past, present and futures losses and damages related to the hit-and-run accident.

Speak With One of Our Lawyers Today in a Free Consultation

Please call us at (816) 399-5149 or email us to schedule a free initial consultation. We will help you understand your full legal options, manage your finances while your legal case is pending and handle all upfront costs of your case.