Our Wrongful Termination Lawyers in Kansas City, MO Help People Get Justice
In Missouri, which is an at-will employment state, an employer is not legally required to provide a cause for dismissal. This does not mean, however, that an employer can fire an employee for any reason, and there are many circumstances under which an employer is legally barred from terminating employment.
If you have been fired in Missouri or Kansas, and you believe that you were wrongfully terminated, it is important to know your rights and what the law says regarding your situation.
At Holman Schiavone, LLC, our wrongful termination lawyers in Kansas City, MO represent employees’ rights in cases of wrongful termination on the basis of discrimination, harassment and other violations of the law. The size of your employer is not an issue. The strength of your employers’ defense lawyers is not important. We confront employers of every size and protect the rights and interests of our clients vigorously in all cases.
Please call our wrongful termination lawyers in Kansas City, MO at (816) 399-5149 to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.
An Employer in Missouri Cannot Fire Someone on Any of the Following Grounds
- Because an employee is pregnant or needs to take time off under the FMLA
- Because of an employee’s race, religion, sexual orientation or other protected statuses
- Because an employee has reported an employer for law, environmental or other legal violation
- Because the employee has claimed to have been sexually harassed on the job
- Because the employee filed a claim for discrimination
- Because an employee is supporting a co-worker’s claim of harassment or discrimination
- Because an employee filed a workers’ compensation claim
Our employment attorneys in Kansas City understand the law and can explain your rights under the Missouri Human Rights Act (MHRA) and federal laws under the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Contact an Experienced Kansas City Wrongful Termination Attorney Today
For a free initial consultation, call our Kansas City office at (816) 399-5149 or email us. Our Kansas City wrongful termination attorneys encourage you to speak with an employment lawyer who will properly evaluate your situation, provide honest advice and vigorously protect your rights if you decide to pursue a claim.